We have a number of activities happening at SC’13 — if you are there at the Denver Convention Center this year, please check us out!
- Marat is speaking about PeachPy, his Python-based assembler, at the PyHPC Workshop on Monday, November 17, 2:10-2:50pm in Room 505. [Paper | Slides]
- Piyush will give a talk on his new notion of a “self-stabilizing iterative solvers” at the ScalA Workshop on Monday, November 17, from 2:40-3:05pm in Room 507. [Paper @ ACM DL]
- Jee is competing in the Student Research Competition. He’ll present his poster, “Power and performance modeling for high-performance computing algorithms,” on Tuesday at the poster session, which runs from 5:15-7pm in the Mile High Pre-function Room, wherever that is.
In addition, Georgia Tech has its usual large presence at SC13. See http://sc13.gatech.edu for details.
(L-to-R) Piyush, Marat, and Jee at our lab pre-conference celebratory dinner. Have a great meeting, gang!
Marat recently released version 1.0 of his Yeppp! library, which includes fast portable implementations of vector elementary functions (e.g., log/exp, trigonometric functions) and polynomial evaluation. See: yeppp.info
The HPC Garage is at Supercomputing this week! A few notable lab-specific activities appear below, but please go to sc11.gatech.edu to see even more of how Georgia Tech represents.
- Poster: Prospects for scalable 3D FFTs on heterogeneous exascale systems (Kent, Casey, Chris, Karthik, P.-K. Yeung, Rich), Tuesday Nov 15 5:15-7pm [www]
- Talk: George Michael Memorial Fellowship Award presentation by Aparna, Thursday Nov 17 11-11:30 [www]
- Technical paper: High-performance Lattice QCD for multi-core based parallel Systems using a cache-friendly hybrid threaded-MPI approach (Intel + Jee) [www]
Chris has released DiGPUFFT (pronounced, “dig-puffed”), a set of code patches that add GPU capabilities to P3DFFT, Dmitry Pekurovsky’s distributed memory 3D FFT library. A technical report describing these patches and our performance results for the Keeneland system at ORNL is in the works; it should appear on the DiGPUFFT website later this month or early next.